Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My dream...

I want to home school my kids. I want to quit working and stay home with them. The more preschool I do with Chloe, the more I want to do. I think I could do it. I think I would excel at it. I think it would make our family stronger and alleviate the stress I have over the children's education. It would also make us a more portable family unit.

The issue? Money. While Stacey is the primary breadwinner, I'm not far behind. Pair that will our comfy lifestyle and there you go. We have a mortgage and two new cars on lease.

I am hoping that our house sells (it's back on the market), we can find a nice place with reasonable rent and ditch one of the cars when the leases come up (2010 sadly). That or win the lottery. I'd take either. Of course that would mean I'd have to play and I'm too cheap for that. I have worked to cut out extra spending. We no longer have satellite TV and while we now have YMCA membership, I did ditch my gym membership and the Y would fit into my home school curriculum. I try and keep us spending reasonably, but the big three really get us.

Until that day comes, and I feel that it will, I will continue to home school Chloe and enjoy the time I do spend with my family. I used to enjoy working and while I like my job, the appeal of being home becomes greater and greater each day. I've been formulating various scenarios (aka plots) in my head.

No comments: