Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Going political here... The 9/12 Project

I'm fed up with our government. I feel like we've been duped into fighting with each other instead of looking at the real issue; the over-bloated system that's been created for us. I'm taking a stand and fighting back.

The 9/12 project is not about political parties. It's about values, principles and the common ground I think most of us share. I want a better country for my kids. Heck, I just want my country to still be here for my kids. I'm afraid but I will not let fear take over and I will not let my elected officials control my life.

The 9/12 Project is about 9 principles and 12 values. You can find out more here.

Principles

America Is Good.
I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

Values

Honesty
Reverence
Hope
Thrift
Humility
Charity
Sincerity
Moderation
Hard Work
Courage
Personal Responsibility
Gratitude

No comments: