Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A day off with Chloe

Since Chloe seemed to fare the worst over the weekend, I decided to keep her with me for the day and drop off Benjamin. He actually cried when I dropped him off; I don't think he's used to me leaving with Chloe and not him!

We went back to the house and she played in the class room while I put away laundry and cleaned upstairs. It was really nice. She happily played with stamps, colored and played with playdoh. She put away each thing before moving onto something else and kept herself occupied for over an hour.

When I was done, we went out to get her a haircut (a trim) and for a quick run through the grocery store. Then we went back to the house for some lunch and a nap. I tried to take one with her but I guess having mom there was too exciting because she kept talking so after about 20 minutes I got up and left her to rest.

After that we ran to Target then to pickup Benjamin. I think he was really happy to see her and tried to play with her all night.

I didn't get as much cleaning done as I would've liked, but I'm glad I spent some one-on-one time with her. We both really needed it and I plan to keep her with me at least one day every other week. And next time I'm getting my nap too!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Aww, that sounds like a nice day!

The Three Little Bears said...

FYI: Come over to my page to check out the free diaper I am giving away.

Love... Hot Belly Mama