Thursday, July 30, 2009

Too early to be sad and nervous

Chloe will miss the kindergarten "cut off" and will start school fall 2010. With that said, we've been reviewing school choice and will be living in a good district where she will attend. I feel a little mournful and anxious. Mournful that I will (barring superb luck or a winning lottery ticket) not be homeschooling and anxious about the schematics of having one child in daycare/preschool and one in kindergarten.

The center where the kids are now has a great summer program for K-6 but nothing for before and after school. I don't want to take Benjamin from where he is now. It's great there and I want Chloe to be in their summer program so I'm willing to schlep two kids to two locations.

I need to get more information but was told the YMCA does before and after care and from what I remember seeing in the past, it wasn't too expensive. The school district has half day kindergarten and it costs $2,200 to enroll in full day K. Yes, about $220/month plus before/after care. Really? Ugh.

I know it's a year away still but I'm already feeling sad about sending Chloe. I feel so silly about it. It's not like I'm home with my kids now but somehow it just seems so different.

No comments: