Monday, February 9, 2009

Working weekend and bragging about the hubby

This past weekend was my first working weekend. It was the first time I've worked a weekend in about 10 years and definately the first weekend I've worked since having kids. Not only did I work, but I worked 6am-6pm both days. Needless to say, it was a long weekend.
Stacey stayed home with the kids and I admit I was a little nervous. Not because he can't care for the kids but because there were so many factors in play (long workday, Benjamin is still young, he's tired from working all week, etc).

Not only did they do fine, they did great! He took the kids on Saturday to Monkey Joe's (giant room of bounce houses) and they had a blast. Benjamin took a nap without issue and Stacey said he really didn't even cry. He was happy to see me when I got home (Benjamin) but not overly clingy or fussy. Sunday they hung around the house and Stacey got all the laundry done and the house was cleaned up.

You want to know the best part? He didn't complain! There were no calls to me at work with him stressed, he didn't complain about the long days, the getting up early and he didn't tell me how tired he was when I got home or anything. I'm so pleasantly surprised by this I'm giddy.
I think chloe had a harder time with me being gone. She really didn't want me to go to work this morning and actually cried when I dropped her off. It broke my heart. I'm off tomorrow and am planning to do something just me and her.

No comments: