Monday, September 8, 2008

Kids look bigger in fall clothes








Well, fall is coming and that means it's time to get out the warmer clothes. Chloe spent the summer in underpants, shorts and t-shirts, and sundresses. Benjamin spent most of the summer in his diaper.

I was excited to get Chloe's things out because I had been collecting from clearance racks, friends, and garage sales for two years now. Seeing these clothes again was fun.

Now that the kids are in them, they look, well too old. Much older than being on the verge of 1 and 4. The jeans look impossibly long for Chloe but fit her perfectly. And clothes on Benjamin make him look like a boy and not my sweet little baby.

And while I hear Chloe talking non-stop, I almost missed Benjamin's words: hi, bye, ball, dad. He talks in gurgles, grunts, and this funny bubble type voice.

As much as I love watching my kids grow up, expand their minds and face new challenges, seeing them get older before I'm ready breaks my heart a little.

No comments: