Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal

Well, you can at least do the first part at our local YMCA. Our water heater went out Saturday night I'm guessing but we didn't notice until Sunday. After some Internet research, I found the part that needed to be replaced and headed to Lowe's. Well, that was a no go so I waited until Monday and called the company who manufactured said water heater.

Well, we apparently need a part from them which they are sending free of charge. However, Monday was Labor Day so it didn't' ship until Tuesday meaning well have it today. Yes, about 5 days later.

Luckily, I managed to snag the last of the hot water bathing on Sunday but by Tuesday, I was funky. My options at that point were 1) take cold shower; not easy with infant who I frequently bathe with 2) drive to friend's house but they all live at least 25 minutes away and have their own family chaos to deal with 3) drive to YMCA and shower there like homeless family.

Actually, our YMCA has a really nice family bathroom where I can lock us all in, wash myself, wash kids and it's setup that he whole room can get wet and it's no big deal. It even has a nice changing table where I put our dry clothes, towels, etc

So, there you have it. We're clean and we don't smell.

No comments: