Thursday, October 16, 2008

I feel so frustrated today

When Chloe was born, I couldn't have imagined quitting my job. I like my job and she was such a demanding infant (or maybe it was just that I had no idea what being a mom was really like). I needed work to get away and not feel so needed.

Now that she's almost 4 and we have Benjamin, I ache to be home with them. Last night I was helping Chloe make a Birth Day card for our friend's new baby (her idea, isn't that awesome?). I printed some tracing letters and put them on the card so she could practice writing her name. She was having trouble and got frustrated.

I get it. I too get frustrated when I hit a challenge. I think so many things came easy to me in the learning world that I tend to shut down when I face something I cannot immediately master. I tried to help her and we did make progress, but I wish I could be home. I feel like I could use my experience to help her work past it and learn how to push through challenges.

I know I still can but evenings and weekends are a blur of cooking, cleaning and trying to have quality time with the family. I just feel like I'm not doing the work God intended me to do. I know I have a greater purpose and I'm so close to getting there. I know it's not time yet so I pray for patience.

Until then, I have to figure out how to make those limited hours more meaningful.

I try to remember that one day, when I'm home with my kids full time, I'll miss work. I'll miss being here and being needed by adults. I suppose the grass really is greener.

No comments: