Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Reason 456,634,598 I love my husband

When I began crafting The Plan, I hadn't really run it past my husband. He has always been supportive of the way I've wanted to parent the kids and goes along with basically anything I want to do, but this one was pretty big. I would be asking to quit my job (basically my only adult job and I've been here almost 8 years) to stay home and watch kids for income (with security being iffy).

Well, not only was he ok with it, but he turned my 1 or 2 years plan into about 4 months. He is trading in his prize car for something we can pay off in a few months and has agreed to work as much overtime as possible and to even get a part time job if needed.

This morning he told me he was excited to have a stay at home wife. I think it makes him feel manly that he can support us well enough that I don't have to work out of the home. He said he feels like our evenings now are chaotic but I'm not so sure that will change.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Val, I'm SO happy for you. I remember when you posted about your dream - I'm so excited that it's becoming a reality. And what a FANTASTIC man you have to sacrifice something precious to him to make it all happen.