Friday, October 24, 2008

I've been authorized to quit my job

When I decided to share my plan with Stacey, I though I might meet some resistance. Well, I got quite the opposite. I was basically told I could quit my job ASAP and we'd figure it out. Ok, so my husband is a gung-ho kind of guy and this plan will require a bit more, uhm, planning. Without further ado, here's my list of things to be doing in the next few weeks. Realistically, I'd like to quit about Feburary/March but I know Stacey would like this to come sooner.

  1. Put together a "Val at home" budget and review with Stacey
  2. Move Stacey's overtime pay into saving account to also be used for extra money we get selling items on CL, rebates, side work, etc
  3. Work on killer CL childcare ad. I figure I'll take in 1-2 toddler/preschool age kids for money and playmates for Chloe and Benjamin. I'm looking to say over 12 months in age and ideally not in diapers (but I won't hold my breath)
  4. Find preschool/home school resources I can use.
  5. Take infant/child/adult CPR class (11/19 $52)
I'm sure I'll have more to add...

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oooh, I am so excited for you!

P.S. I started a blog, not much on it yet though.

Claire said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Woohoo!

Do you think we'll be calling each other to try and keep ourselves from ripping our hair out???