Friday, November 14, 2008

An email rocks my world

I have my resume on Monster.com and occasionally get a hit. Usually it's for a temporary tech support job that pays less than what I'm making now. I got an email Wednesday night expressing interest in me and I replied back with the salary and hours I was looking for.

Turns out this isn't just another low end tech job. It's a high end help desk position with great hours, is closer to my home (which is barely possible) and pays about 30% more than I'm making now.

I suppose no journey should be easy right? I'm meeting with the headhunter today and most likely will interview soon. I am one of three people being presented and when I told the headhunter about my plans to stay home he said I was exactly the person they're looking for. By that, I think he means someone who has not only been with the same company a long time (I've been here almost 8 years) but also someone who isn't just looking for a paying job but is really looking for something that will make them happy.

To top things off, our house is for sale and really hasn't had any hits but today has a showing with a very interested loan approval woman AND we have another showing scheduled on Saturday.

Just when I thought I had everything figured out...

No comments: