Thursday, November 6, 2008

A rough morning turns out well


The end of daylight savings has done a number on my house. Kids don't understand time changes so they're up at 5am because it feels like 6. So everyone is tired and starting to wear down and get crabby. Chloe does not do well without enough sleep and even though I put her to bed at 7pm last night, she's still pretty worn out. Stacey had an overnight install so he's out of town as well. All of this adds up to a not so pleasant morning in the Hickman house.

Chloe and I went round and round over cereal, clothes, slamming her brother's fingers in the closet door (an accident and he's fine but I warned her about messing with them) and basically anything else you can think of. There was screaming, more than one tantrum, and both kids were crying a few times. These kind of mornings make me wonder if I really want to quit my job. Ha!

Somehow we managed to pull through and actually left each other on a good note. I fixed Chloe's hair so I could take pictures of bows my friend Jessica made (see her Etsy store, it's good stuff!). She started off grumpy but when I showed her how the picture looked, I think she got it (I swear the kid is wise beyond her years) and perked up so we could take some nice pictures.

All's well that ends well. Now I just need to muster some energy to get through this weekend. I think the guest list for Chloe's party is now up to 27.

1 comment:

Amber said...

We had a morning sort of like that on Monday, I think (trying to block out the not fun moments, lol.

That sure is a cute picture though and I'm glad to hear your morning got better.